Every single human being I know has had a difficult time and some point in the past 6 months. Whether it is COVID-related or not, stress levels are at all-time high.
That sounds like time to shake shit up and have some fun.
What has brought us joy recently:
- Spending time with family. We have started to safely extend our social distancing circle to include family and a few friends. It was so nice to hug someone that didn’t live with me.
- Took a break from work. Decided to take a break from my tastings to just relax and prepare for my latest wine exam.
- Found new board games to love! I mean, you haven’t lived if you haven’t played Chikapig, Cat Crimes or Exploding Kittens.
- Made stuff – like bread, ice cream and cookies. Nothing is better than homemade.
- Ate WAY too much pizza.
- Upgraded our outdoor space with a new fire pit and chairs.
- Hosted a small yoga class in my backyard.
- Moved Liam into his new big boy room!
- Purged my closet and created a little “clo-ffice” for myself. It has a vintage chair, a window and a door. All the necessities.
- Binged “The Last Dance” and bought a basketball hoop the next day.
- Sat on my porch and watched the pouring rain.
- Practiced my sabering skills.
- Got a pedicure. FINALLY.
What about you? What has brought you pockets of joy lately? Can’t wait to hear what you have been up to!